"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

3.22.2004

So, this is it then...a little sparse, could use a little work.
Attention visitors, herein lies my humble little view of the microcosms I inhabit, and of the world in general. I am fresh off a blowslot that could have gone better, facing a pile of art history flash cards, and I can think of no better time to initiate an undertaking of this magnitude.
::Dagobert Chair, folding x-stool of Roman type with later back, 7th Century A.D.::
Be it the stress of juggling college life and glassblowing, personal psychosis, anger at the government, procrastination, mere jealousy of others who "blog", or all of the above, something has propelled me to this place. I am not entirely sure what I intend for this space. I lean toward the pessimistic on most subjects, if only to serve as a foil for my boyfriend, Little Mary Sunshine.
::Advisory: Author is a stout liberal and will, bet on it, from time to time rant and rave about the current American ruling party.:: Feel free to disagree (note: arguments based on sacred texts or sociological ignorance will not only be ignored, they will be ridiculed. Nothing shuts my ears off faster than the phrase "Well, the bible says..." I spent the first 16 years of my life as a christian, and I am still recovering). I am not fond of laws that restrict the rights of consenting adults to engage in whatever behavior they see fit. And I will, most likely, go into more depth about this as legislation is introduced.
As much as I would love to be one of those watchdogs who keep an eye on every move the government makes, I do have classes to attend, blowslots to work, and exams to study for.
::Tiles with Kufic Script, molded earthenware with luster, Islamic, Iran, 13th Century A.D.::
If you're still with me, welcome. This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.