"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.13.2005

I'll Tell You Now, I Keep it On and On

Well, this has been a banner week (what is it, Wednesday?). I'm on antibiotics for my stab wound (self-inflicted, and entirely accidental), exhausted (self-inflicted, and entirely necessary), and single (mutually-inflicted,and entirely aimiable). I can't say much will be changing between me and Ross, we've been just friends for longer than we cared to admit, this development is really about words, titles, and future living arrangements. Monday we had a (pretend) fight about who dumped who, if that's any indication of the tone of the matter. I'm feeling positive at the moment, even if that gets peppered occasionally with "what the fuck have I/we done?" I take comfort in the fact we've been giving this several months worth of thought, as heat of the moment breakups just aren't my style. The difficulty now stems from the emotional and tangible logistics of becoming myself again. I'm slowly realizing how much of my behavior in at least the last year has been situational, and finding my way back (or, rather, forward) will be interesting, to say the least.
My New Year's resolution for 2003 was to give up dating, relating, and casual sex altogether for as long as possible, which was, apparently, about a month. Now, here's a little under two-and-a-half years later, and I know better than to make any such claim, but may I just say here and now, you will not hear me utter the phrases "my boyfriend", "significant other", or "taken" for quite some time.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some profiles to update.

Listening To: Viva Voce - The Center of the Universe