"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

3.27.2004

I'm back at my cliff

Today was a sharp contrast to yesterday. It began with too much to do. Somewhere between second gear and $44.86, my life began to unravel. It may very well be unraveling still, but I haven't noticed. Point being, today was a day when it didn't matter. Lunch and clothing came from out of the blue...I discovered a sea of bike parts on my front lawn...changed my look with Bill Murray as Dr. Thompson...scored not one, but two peeps...sake with Anna and Rush...bottle rockets at D2...semi-bi-tentative meeting with the easter committee (aka Bonnie)...Josie and Lisa were born 20 minutes apart from each other 26 years ago today...Lisa won the Niche Award with a joke...Daffodils are accessories...Eric kept his promise even though Jessie and I punched him several times...the ridgers reminisced waterfalls, caves, tressles, quarries, sand dunes...my new white shirt was customized by a freak purple accident (It will never know the washing machine)...Chris "subjected" me to hours of Michel Gondry videos (please don't throw me in the briar patch)....I don't want the day to end....
But it has.
Yesterday, I felt as though I was in an uncontrolled free-fall, today I found myself back at the top looking down at that place I almost crashed, throwing useless objects into the void to see what they sound like when they hit the bottom. It is a better feeling than one could request in a time like this. And with that lovely feeling, I retire.