"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

3.29.2004

Je bent niet dronken zolang je op de grond kan liggen zonder ergens vast aan te houden.

So officially this is not two posts in one day, but by my schedule it counts. I'm a little overeager in my first week, certain it will pass. The kiddie pool day was way more fun than it should have been. There was a bit of beer and Glenlivet, and masses of half-naked boys running around, and most everyone who passed by dropped in for at least a perfunctory foot wetting. Upon returning from her daily 6-mile run, Anna jumped in directly, shoes and all. Unfortunately, Eric got into the whiskey early on, and the punching follwed shortly thereafter. I've have therefore concluded my scientific study; findings: getting punched in the arm is infinitely more amusing when intoxicated. Who knew?
Fortunately for my state of mind the warm weather has brought with it a mild media blackout for me. This gives me almost nothing to complain about, which is not an altogether comfortable feeling. I'm sure if I really tried I could come up with something, but it would feel forced.
Had a lovely (and enlightening) conversation with Jennifer tonight. It's not often I catch her as she is on "real people time," and people here are still shooting off bottle rockets at 12:52 on a Monday morning. Crazy bastards. The "moving-to-the-west-coast-and-starting-a-business" plan (good move, Jen) is moving right along according to schedule. Now I just have to convince Jen it should be in Portland or Seattle rather than unnamed parts of California {nudge nudge...;);)}
I'm looking at my planner for the next week, and it seems I forgot to allow for sleep again. Silly me. I suppose now is my chance, but what good would I be at work tomorrow, all rested and refreshed? It's difficult to demand galleries send your boss's work back when you're perky. Ah, who am I kidding? I couldn't be perky before 2 a.m. without hard drugs. Probably not even then....

Reading:My new Wired (finally)
Translation of title: Dutch for "You are not drunk so long as you can lie on the ground without holding on."