"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

6.17.2004

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Delaware

Arrrgh...I love Salon, but why do they have to place my entire checking account on hold to renew my subscription?? This is twice now. They did it last year. I should have paid with a check. Bastards.

This wouldn't be a problem if my net worth amounted to twice a Salon subscription, but what can one do?

I just got some mail from the Army "In a few years you'll have a lot to look back on, like the moment you opened this." You know, assuming you live to look back, or have eyes to look back with, or you can bear to look back without stirring up deep emotional trauma. Sign my ass up. I'll join when Bush gets re-elected, because a desert death by suicide bomber doesn't seem so bad compared with another four years.

For someone with as little money as myself at current, I find it difficult to wager actual funds on a card game I never got around to learning, but it was fun to hang out, and Mike and I had a great time watching movies until the sun came up and ruined our fun. I think I've gotten past the point of new revelations upon each viewing of Donnie Darko. Now it's all about Jake Gyllenhaal's fine ass. Which is more than okay.

Reading: The Sorrows of Young Werther
Listening to: Weather Nastiness