"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

6.06.2004

Remember me, Spring Break sophomore year?

After three years, I think I'm finally starting to come to terms with the fact that my mother married into one of those pink-brick, trapezoidally-roofed, cookiecutter burbclaves that are so ubiquitous in Farragut. This, I think, is largely due to the ridiculous amount of time I've been spending in the backyard pool. Growing up, if you'd told me I'd ever have a family member with an enormous (if not entirely bland and offensive) house and inground pool, I'd have laughed my ass off at your naivete.

That said, I will not ever get over my step-father's penchant for tan-thru speedos.

Saw Kill Bill vol.2 with Adam and Erin last night. Adam had seen it before, and Erin missed the first one, so I may have been the only one getting the full experience, but yegads, what an experience. Mike and Rhys are punk bitches (this is news?), but Keiran (sp?)was kind enough to grace us with his presence and there was plenty of blind-cat fun had by all. It just never gets old. I fear for what we'll do with ourselves when Andrea and John get back. Maybe they could loan us the cat.

The idea of an old-skool meeting at Magic Wok at least once a week for the duration of the summer was proposed, I think by me, but then I was lapping up the Vino (quel beast) so it could have all been a magical dream.

Anna and Randy are minor Argentine media celebrities, and thanks to a phone number issuance snafu, I got to hear Anna's lovely voice for a few minutes today. I'll take what little I can get 'til August.

Oh, and Anna Rockanova Dynomite, if you don't stop ditching me for that Rob loser, we're gonna have words. And I'm gonna break-a his face-a. But I'm glad you helped out the kittens. Were any of them blind, perchance?

Listening To: This (trust me, just click it, and turn the sound up)
Copy that, god loves his children...