"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

5.24.2004

Lapdance on yo' laptop while yo' laptop's in yo' lap.....digital good times

Adam is right, surfing and posting from a non-traditional location is a highly rewarding experience. Now that my dad's house is a cloud of Wi-fi bliss, I can look up all those PBS.org references while I'm watching Colonial House, and the other fine programs I've become attached to in only having PBS in my secluded wilderness existence. My excitement over being back in the world of cable television has already withered, with one gleaming exception; The Brini Maxwell Show is the most swell show ever devised. I must make the disclaimer that Adult Swim falls into the category of "programming genius" as it is technically many shows cleverly packaged and marketed to adults of questionable sleeping habits, and The Daily Show is, I'm convinced, a figment of my imagination stemming from my long-standing desire for a)Jon Stewart to have the show he has always deserved and b)someone to publicly acknowledge that the entire endeavor of mainstream media is complete and utter bullshit. So that leaves Brini in the category of Best Show going. I'll refrain from trying to describe it, just know that it is genius, and get thee to the Style network to check it out sometime.
I bought a nice, juicy, frozen rat for Cleo(n) today. Poor guy was so hungry he nearly took my hand off when I opened the cage. Melody refuses to go near him, and even my dad exhibits a ridiculous fear of the caged reptile. Marcia appears to be handling his presence better than anyone else, though this may just be a result of her awesome, and tolerant, demeanor. Of course, no trip out would be complete without Ben tagging along to accomplish some errand that will take him way longer than would take any standard human being. Today, it was a trip to River Sports to spend an ancient gift certificate on supplies for his trip to Argentina. As Ben spent what seemed like hours scrutinizing every glove in the sale box, I did laps around the store, and made the silent observation that they must have a secret lab tucked behind the climbing center where they are on the brink of successfully cloning Adam, or the requirements for employment there include sandy colored bed-hair, scruffy beard, and an average height of 5'10". Creepy.
So goes the excitement that is, so far, my summer in the 'Ridge.