"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

5.17.2004

Beerlirium Tremens

Phase 1 of the evil scheme is almost complete. Mwah hah hah....

I need to stop being such a bad influence on myself and others. Anna, Adam and I hit the pub on Saturday night and had what I felt to be a rollicking good time, but I woke up yesterday feeling how Nicholas Cage's character in Leaving Las Vegas must have felt the day before he drank himself to death. I think I sustained some sort of nerve damage, as my entire right side was twitching all day. Seriously, my fingers were moving independently of any type of purposeful nerve stimulation on my part, and my eyelid was going nuts too. Ben said it was the DT's, but I'm dubious. I was under the impression you had to be committed to alcoholism to get those. I, apparently, only get wasted when Adam is around, since every time I've been truly drunk this semester he's been there. I promise we'll hang out sober sometime soon. Maybe even do something constructive. I dunno, what do sober people do for fun? Pinochle, maybe.

At my mom's birthday party, my brother, John (also a recent sociology survivor) and I got into all sorts of discussions, until we got to the topic of organized religion, which we both agree is a sham. We were carrying on quite heatedly, until we realized where we were, a party for a minister attended by her church friends. We were getting stares. Hope no one feels it necessary to mention to my mother that her children were plotting the end of modern christianity as we know it at her birthday party.

Ross and I drove to his parents house last night to return the van we'd used for moving purposes. We were about to pass out in their guest room in the attic until we realized we were, literally, surrounded by Brown Recluses. We killed about five that were just hanging out around the edge of the room, then we looked at the windowsill and it was completely covered. This, in light of recent events, freaked me the hell out. I almost ran screaming from the house. I didn't sleep, just stayed up all night in the living room staring blankly at Adult Swim, periodically succumbing to fits of paranoid shifty-eyed methhead behavior. I felt like I had spiders all over me. The Venture Brothers is funny. Especially through sleep deprived goggles. I'm not coming back to this house until they promise me those evil creatures are all destroyed.

:::shiver:::

Okay, enough of this lollygaggin.