"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.23.2004

I get to be Ethel

I'm sad for the human race again today. Not that this is anything new. Watching The Children's Hour probably didn't help much. Overstated melodrama, yes, but with real themes at work. And, yes, I cried a little when Shirley McLaine finally admitted to Audrey Hepburn she was in love with her. And even more when she killed herself because it was better than being gay. I suppose you could call the current gay marriage debate progress, considering the mere accusation of homosexual tendencies used to be cause for ruin and suicide. Somehow I just don't feel it's enough.
Still reading Ishmael. If that doesn't make you feel guilty for everything, I don't know what will.

So Jaz and Damien's shows come down this weekend, and K.Y. and Jenny go up next week. Two more shows, two more parties. I swear we do other things here. Just not in the spring, apparently. Jenny has ordered costumes be worn for her opening (perhaps to make the girls in bikinis feel less awkward?) Can one emulate the white trash style without Daisy Dukes? And if so, how?

We have one vote for expatriation. Do I hear a second?

Listening to: DNTEL- This is the Dream of Evan and Chan