"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.22.2004

Wiener Sezession

What do we have here? A convenient place to hide from paper writing? Affirmative sir, no Art Nouveau in sight. Well, let me just settle in, then.


Fuck Bonaroo.
I'm beginning to think KEXP is a just a delusion manufactured by my strained psyche, a private fantasia where psychic DJ's play requests from my soul and no one tries to scare me into buying anything. I have yet to experience an instance of radio satisfaction comparable to it. My time with NPR is waaaaay down since discovering this gem. Sweet, musical, ignorance. It's bliss, you know. Ignorance. Where would U.S. foreign policy be without it? There would be a tremendous burden on arrogance to carry the whole thing off.

Bumper sticker politics and a plug for a radio station...surely I can do better than that...

I called Nero to wish him a happy holiday yesterday. He was at the beach, preparing brownies. Are hate and envy the same thing? Because sometimes I think they are. Today, everyone had a story of "that friend" they called to wish good tidings around twenty past four. Lisa's dad called her. How refreshing, to be so open with one's progenitors.

Anna doesn't want to come back. Can't blame that. Stay on and I'll join you in two years. I'll bring everyone else with me. We'll start a multi-national corporation that somehow saves the world out of a one-room flat in B.A. They'll build monuments to us. Either that or we'll all go on a robbin' spree across the American West, retire out to a palacial ranch in Cholila, and die at the hands of the Bolivian police at San Vicente. I can go either way, anyone else have any input?

I think my time might be better spent scavenging the bounty that is leftover food from Jasmin's party. Our living room looks like we hijacked a catering truck. I think I added three inches of bagel chips and hummus to my overall body mass yesterday alone. This is not the rice-and-beans existence I was leading last week.

"When you don't have any money, the problem is food. When you have money, it's sex. When you have both it's health." -J.P. Donleavy

Listening to: Arvo Pärt- Für Alina