"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.06.2004

This is the worst part

"Everybody dies frustrated and sad, and that is beautiful." -TMBG

I'll start on a positive note, we'll go downhill from there. Just a warning.
This weekend was beautiful. Celebration day was insane and the weather couldn't have been more cooperative. The after party was only slightly off the proverbial chain. I'd post pictures, but I haven't gotten that committed to this endeavor just yet. Lucky for you, Adam has some great ones. You know, there are some certifiably cool people here (many in the category "too cool"), but they have nothing on old friends. Never will. All trail disappearance aside, we had a refreshing hike Sunday, enough to make me forget how hungover I was. The whole weekend was a fantastic escape from the drudgery that I have felt as of late.
The days since, I'm afraid to say, have been not so idyllic. Monday marked the worst migraine I've had in years and confined me to bed most of the day. Needless to say, my blowslot last night was pure pain (ever stared into the sun with a migraine? yeah.)
Today was a disaster. I met with my advisor and the fact I have two semesters standing between me and beginning my senior thesis really started to set in. After dealing with the usual amount of bullshit errands that accompany any day at Tech (if the Craft Center is heaven on earth, Tech is purgatory at best) I spent the majority of my classes locked in the usual internal dialogue of self-critique (today's flavor-incapable of love and destined to die alone) and circular rumination on why the human race sucks. By the end of the day I was close to melt-down. Ross exhibited nothing but utter confusion (who can blame?) and took my foul mood personally (I suppose telling someone they're better off without you will do that). I don't really remember what happened when I got home, but I dreamed I lost my lower teeth and woke up choking on my own drool. To cheer myself up I watched Blade Runner. That worked.

Listening to: Patty Griffin-Not Alone