"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.08.2004

ode to the Margarita

After a day like yesterday (apologies for the dramatics, clinical depression sure is a bitch sometimes...) anything I say is bound to appear overly cheerful. I got a new CD burner in the mail (Jen rocks my fucking socks!)!!! Still working out the kinks, but I finally succeeded in getting the bay to actually open when I hit the eject button. Also, Jessie brought me a new tape full of cable-y goodness (I can live without the bulk of cable, but I go to great lengths for Adult Swim and Chappelle's Show); maybe one day I'll actually have time to watch some of it! I bought Lisa's turndown (an odd concept since I actually receive money in exchange for performing a service, but whatever) meaning I have the pleasure of dragging my ass back to the hot shop in 4 hours, seemingly rendering the act of going to bed pointless. Besides, I wouldn't want to ruin my chances for sleeping through art history tomorrow...now that's tragedy. What to do with four hours? Continue working (rather, begin working) on my Kandinsky paper? Re-organize my glass notes? Clean my room? Demon alcohol, illicit drugs, and bootleg cable?
Some of life's big questions have easy answers....