"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.10.2004

Two Drawings by Children

Here's a shocker for ya: Ross, the workaholic, punked out on the Murfreesboro evening. No opening, no Thai food, no raucous party afterward. This makes procrastinating my optics project much more difficult. Having over two decades of practice under my belt, however, serves me well.

I get to drive to tech 5 days a week next semester! 8 a.m.! For math!! And Science!!!! If we take the house we looked at today, my commute will be over an hour!!! Kill me now!!!!! Really!

Received my first personal electronic communication from Rachael since she moved to New York requesting we "get caught up or some shit." I'm still pondering my response. I think my preference leans toward "some shit" as a recent "get caught up" experience with another friend who moved to New York ended, erm, oddly. Lest you, humble reader, fall victim to the same fate as aforementioned friend, I offer this advice: If your girlfriend, after surreptitiously reading your e-mail, threatens to stop talking to you because you e-mailed someone you dated for like 3 months over two years ago and 643 miles away, GET OUT! It can only end badly. I foresee murder-suicide.

I heart NY as much as the next bitch, but I harbor suspicions it takes a certain type of crazy to live there full-time.

If you haven't heard the new Modest Mouse album...you should visit any location on the ACC campus.


Listening to: The Stranglers- No More Heroes