"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.16.2004

Rumbly Mumbly

Hallelujah, I am not a moron. At lunch today someone was discussing taking the Loop trail later today. I mentioned we'd had some, ah, difficulties a few weeks ago in that the trail sorta went missing about halfway through. We consulted the map and discovered two interesting bits of information 1)Part of the trail is currently underwater 2) The trail runs in the opposite direction from where Ross was leading us. "Trust me, I've taken this trail before."
Again, this week was stupid busy. Got an A on my optics project (not bad for a last minute cop-out). I went to a bar with Susan and Josie on Easter around Midnight (technically no longer Easter, I suppose) and we ended up staying out til five a.m. (trying to emulate the Argentine lifestyle I suppose, but no siesta). Needless to say, crit was even more painful than usual Monday afternoon. It snowed like crazy all day Tuesday, an event I was NOT dressed for. Two slide lectures this week, Juan Granados, a clay artist, and Bruce Erikson, a painter. Nice guys, interesting work. Both very concerned with expressing their working-class backgrounds through their art. Yesterday Jasmin convinced me to watch the 5th game between the Redwings and the Predators. We got annihilated. I hope the Preds win on Saturday, because Jasmin may not be very excited at her opening otherwise.
We're having our school picture taken today, this may be the first one since Curt was a student here. That's a long time.
In history of craft yesterday she finally got to modern glass. We get points for correcting her when she makes a mistake, and I should have gotten several, but I got robbed. I'm also a little peeved that we sat through four days of modern clay, and she was done with glass in half a class period. Shameful.
Finally saw (the last 1.5 hours of) Kill Bill vol1. I have to say I was not as impressed as I expected. It was interesting enough, but I don't think the snow scene was worth all the hype. Maybe more impressive on the big screen. The spurting blood was ridiculous. Loved the animated bit, though. As usual, cartoons prevail. Tarantino is alright, but I'll take Kurosawa anyday.
Oops, late for work.
Listening to: The Dismemberment Plan- Time Bomb