"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.26.2004

But WHY is the RUM gone?

A-1's (my house, not the sauce) new hero: Adam
Here's a big, fat public thank you to Mr. Cofer for spending his day off dragging my clogged, wheezing machine into some semblance of updatedness, and for the gift of Jasmin's very first computer ever. Truly, this man should be sainted. I could extol his virtues for pages, but that would border on creepy.

I was avoiding XP like the plague, you know. I'd run into it on other's machines, and the experience was always painful. I was so comfortable, so safe, in my cozy little Win98 existence. We'd been through some times, me and Windows 98. It took a lot of convincing to make the switch:
Me: But...but...XP sucks...
Adam: Eh...
Me: Okay, do it.

So far, all stupid Microsuck bloating aside (most of which has been unceremoniously deleted) I'm excited. Adam, once again for those of you who weren't paying attention, fucking rules.
And so does his car. I know, I rode in it. It has bells and whistles I didn't even know existed. And so pretty.
Some guys have all the luck. And some guys eschew the arts in favor of paying jobs. A role model for us all. Excuse me while I change my major to astrophysics.

In other news, we lost the house, but gained another. One less bedroom, no (working) dishwasher, next door to the landlord, but cheaper, and with better carpet and closets. We looked at it today, and I have to say, we have no other option this close to the end of the semester. It's all good.

Listening to: Rick Derringer- Rock and Roll Hootchie Coo