"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

5.28.2004

I'm surrounded by Good People

I just got a funny card from Jen: "A friend will bail you out of jail, but your best friend is the one sitting next to you saying 'That was f***ing awesome!'" LOL!

What a week! Snake drama has been brought under control, thanks in part to the helpful folks at redtailboa.net. Got him all cleaned up, now he's fat, happy, and hiding in his box. I just wish the parents would let me move him out of the basement, it's kinda cold down there.

Anna and I popped our climbing cherries Tuesday night. I suck pretty hard, but that can be applied across the board to all sports so I'm not worried. It was all kinds of fun, now it is all kinds of pain, but I'm definitely going to do it again. And again.

Wednesday was yummy Indian dinner with Ross, Adam, and Ben. Eat that, you Argentine beefeaters. Adam suggested we pack up Cleo, Torpe, selected familiy members, move to Argentina, and open an Indian restaurant. I am so down.

Here's a list of people I randomly ran into/hung out with at the Gillian Welch show at Market Square last night: Randy's parents, David Lew (who is on his way to climb Mt. Ranier as I type this), Laith, Nate, and Jodie (of course), Big Jay (avec uber-hot girlfriend), Reagan from back-in-the-day 11th St (with baby), and I'm sure I'm forgetting people. In addition were the usual suspects, Anna, Rush, Adam, Ross, My dad and Melody, and Ben. My brother John was supposed to be there too, but I never saw him. So much fun. Ms. Welch sounds better live, which is always the mark of excellent talent, and the weather was more than fantastic. Afterward we sorta wandered around downtown aimlessly, flirted with the notion of foosball, met up with Chad and Jeff in World's Fair Park, bid good night to Adam, picked up Sushi at Kroger, and continued the party until closing time at Union Jack's. All in all, the quintessential Knox-vegas evening. I added all kinds of phone numbers to my address book. If I'm going to continue to be this social, I'm going to need a better source of income. Or a source of income, for that matter. Grrrr. I just want to bang on the drum all day..is that so wrong?

I love all of you.