"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

7.29.2004

Da-me los cables puente de baterĂ­a, los pollos se han escapados.

I'm sure it's a sign of the impending apocalypse when I can turn on a Knoxville radio station and hear Modest Mouse.  It worries me that Float On is such a good song and popular enough to warrant radio and television airplay.  Is mainstream becoming more indie, or is indie becoming more mainstream?  Either way, when it came on, I rocked out so hard I turned the wrong way on Emory Valley, and was halfway across town when I realized my mistake.  Making the most of it, I grabbed three cheese krystals and a coke.  Then I remembered why I don't eat cheese krystals or drink coke.  But Jesus, how I love Modest Mouse.

Got suckered into a heated political debate last night over white russians at Todd's house.  He was baiting me.  I won, because he finally gave up.  Which is good, because I was about to lose my voice.  I think the candidates should be drunk for the debates, might make them worth watching. 

Scored Season 1 of Nip/Tuck from Holly.  I'll never leave the house again.  Nice knowing you.

Ever since Ben returned, I've been a certified mate-a-holic.  I think this is why I've been unable to go to bed before sunrise all week.  Damn you, Argentina!   

Side note, I'm not house sitting for my mother after all.  No pool partying for us this evening.  Sorry.

Watching:  Gone in 60 Seconds
Watched:  Season 2 of The Office