"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

11.22.2004

Underlay Bay

I almost hit a giant wild turkey on the highway today. I'd have hit it, but it gave the appearance of possessing the ability to inflict serious damage on the car, so I swerved. I take this to be a sign from the Gods that I am to return the the place of my birth, gorge on the bounties of the First World no less than thrice, and, most urgently, engage in some brand of mischief with the members of my true family.
And then I remember the shop is going to be deserted all weekend. Free blowslots look mighty tasty to someone like me with crits-a-plenty to look forward to. And the tumbleweeds a blowin' through the cold shop seem to be whispering my name.....
But who am I kidding? I'm headed east, sometime before Friday. I will eat and drink like it is my job. I can only hope to see you all there.
The breakdown-
Thursday- Farragut Turkey/ Rush's birthday/Festivities and Merriment
Friday- Oak Ridge Meatstravaganza/Continued Festivities, perhaps with a reduced portion of Merriment, though an increased amount would not be unwelcome.
Saturday - Sounds like Knoxville's out, we could...stir up trouble in O.R.? Or maybe I'll return to work? I'd hate to think it would come to that.

Okay, class, what are you thankful for this year?