"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

3.16.2005

Look What I Found in Obi-Wan's Jedi Sketchbook

Just when you thought it was safe, I hit the words again.

I arrived to 3-Dimensional design today in just enough time to put my best yet straight-from-the-ass piece up (literally conceptualized and executed in about two hours, pictures to follow), post my drawing for the next project, and receive my mid-term grade (And I quote- "A, A, A, A with a big circle around it, Bravo!"). I'd forgotten how great intro classes can be. It was a smaller class than usual, and we kept launching into philosophical discussions about technology and it's impact on the art world, world in general. I found out I'm surrounded by a bunch of simple-minded technophobes who still harbor the image of the pale-faced, socially-inept computer geekazoid, whose sole human interaction is sheltered in the womb-like confines of the message board and chatroom. I took that very personally, and I hated to burst their bubble, but I did it anyway. I wish them all the luck with that mindset.
I actually made it to the Craft Center library today. It's about the size of a dorm room, still has a paper card catalog, and is open for two hours in the afternoon. I stumbled out with five books, mostly glass (you're shocked, right?).
If you haven't watched the extended version of Ray yet, I suggest you set aside about 3.5 hours and get on that.

Listening to: Ween- The Mollusk