"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

3.06.2005

There Are Things in My Life I Can't Control

If I'd chosen a more expensive method of shipping, you'd be looking at some great pictures right now. We got drunk last night, set a mattress on fire, and then took turns jumping over it. Because we're rednecks, and we ain't got no cable. Here's a tip, because I love you: Don't ever, ever, ever smoke in bed. That shit isn't pretty. I take that back, it was really pretty, but you wouldn't be if you woke up in the middle of it.

I took a hint from iTunes (for once) and got the new Iron & Wine Woman King EP. It's pretty hott. Consider this a recommendation.

The Crime of Padre Amaro, also hott. Thank you, god, for Gael Garcia Bernal. Thank you. All of my Netflix (save for The Triplets of Bellville, which rocked my face off to use the current vernacular) have been indictments of the evils of the church (Saved, The Magdalene Sisters, The Crime of Padre Amaro, and assorted others) Completely unintentional, I assure you, but oh so fun. If anyone else knows of any good anti-organized religion films, please let me know, I'd like to keep this ball rolling.

Finally, here's a shout-out to my new friend Jef, whom I've never even been formally introduced to (hi, I'm Cara), is currently living three hours south of Prague, and wrote a badass song which I one day hope to see performed live. I am intensely flattered, and I'm saving you a spot in my harem. And thanks to Jesse, for being such a good liar as to convince a complete stranger I'm that cool.

And for once, I'm actually posting from my home, where I've been all day (Spring Break, woooo!). As such:

Listening to:
Jürgen Paape-So Wit Wie Noch Nie (as mixed by Erlend Øye)