"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.28.2005

36 and Counting.

Two down. We're brilliant. No new assholes of which to speak.
This morning I discovered the world's best place to eat breakfast is a few blocks from my house. Then I rocked two crits. We literally drew blood from the toe of the broken leg of our 3-D professor, with a rusty knife, no less. Unplanned, but still, a nice touch.
I wonder if that will affect our grade...
He seemed a good sport, but we quickly got a reputation. Performed a damn miracle getting out of glass crit awake and unscathed. I'm my own hero today. Went for the hat trick and bought some wine a few counties over.
Wine! I'd forgotten what it was like, all red and grapey, with just a touch of fermentedness.
With that brilliant application of 26 years of vocabulary building, and 5 of vintological study, I very obviously retire.

Watching:
Throne of Blood

P.S.- Kurosawa after being up for 36 hours? Hideously naive on my part.