"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

12.10.2005

My Nose is a Carrot

I have boxes. I have packing tape. I have everything I own strewn about my house and am trapped in my bed without an escape route. It must be time for another edition of....

Commercials That Make Me Happy

  • When I saw the PSP ad with the latino dustballs, I must confess I felt a little bewildered. I realize they're targeting several demographics of which I am not a member, but seriously, "It's like carpet you can watch outside"??? But with each subsequent viewing and now the addition of the new squirrel version, I'm hooked. I think I get it now, and I want more. I still have no desire to be anywhere near a PSP.
  • Jack-in-the-Box is a very strange establishment. Until a few years ago, all I knew about it was that some kid died after eating there a while back. I've ate there once a couple of years ago, and it was a very surreal experience in which I and my friends Alexis and Jenny found ourselves inexplicably All About Jack-in-the-Box. I had an egg roll, a taco, some chicken nuggets, and pie. We were astounded by the range of menu options, and we were amazed none of us had ever been there. Then we all got Jack antenna balls, and promptly put them on our cars. We never went back, but the ad for the new holiday antenna balls is making me reconsider, if only for the snowman ball opening the scene with "My nose is a carrot," drunkenly burping, and falling over. If you haven't seen it, it probably means you don't live near a Jack-in-the-Box, which is too bad. Not because you should eat at Jack-in-the-Box, but because you really should see this ad. I giggle like a little girl every damn time I see it. I want to tape it, so I can watch it over and over. Don't be surprised if I have a snowman antenna ball the next time you see me.
This has been another edition of...

Commercials That Make Me Happy