"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

12.09.2005

Ode to Chuck's Balls

Well.

After dropping three classes, finals were a non-issue. This will go down in history as the Lost Semester. I still managed to pull two all-nighters, but it just wasn't the same. I'm pretty sure it was more due to a special finals week appearance by Headache than an actual need to stay up all night working. Because, y'all? My head? Is. On. Fire.

Maybe it was because Headache came back, maybe it was because I was sick of trying to make my class schedule work, maybe I just want to be closer to the people I love for awhile, in case my brain really is disentegrating. Who's to say what made me do it?

Today I submitted my application to Pellissippi State University for the Spring semester of 2006.

I took a good hard look at the classes I had managed to cobble together into a semblance of a schedule here at the ol' TTU, and I didn't like what I saw.

-Drawing with an instructor of which I am none too fond.
-Organic and Biochemistry at 8 am in a town 45 minutes from my bed.
-Fucking Western Civilization II for reasons I don't want to go into.
-Looonnnng stretches of time marooned at a campus with no safe harbour for someone like me, for the privilege of a chemistry lab.

Fuck it. The community college offers the classes I need in a broad array of times and locations. Locations near my mother, my father, my stepmother, and best of all, my real family. And my chiropractor. And the Love of My Life.
At half the price, and (hopefully) half the headache.

-Instead of Western Civ, I'm taking theatre.
-Chemistry in the afternoon, when I'm awake and partially functional.
-Color Theory and Design! I go to art school and I have to go to a community college to take a class in Color Theory and Design! I'm not saying it will be any good, but it's something.

By all logic, the Craft Center should not exist. It is an institution whose potential far exceeds its resources. It has the misfortune of being shackled to a university that keeps it like a dirty secret. Artists! In the woods! Not here, in the bible belt, at our fine technological institution! We make engineers and nurses here, you must have us confused with someone else!
They've even placed the Bachelor of Fine Arts in the College of Education, but given us the pleasure of attempting to complete a studio arts degree straddling two campuses a million miles apart, with one course offered, at best in each requirement. In doing so, they have done their best to see few actual graduates from our program (the most successful candidate will have completed his/her gen. ed. requirements before arriving). Well, fuck them. The Craft Center deserves better, and I intend to do it.

I'll simply be doing it somewhere else for a minute. Some people go to Europe, I'll be taking my semester abroad in East Tennessee. Diff'rent Strokes.

Apologies for the rant. I am excited by the prospect, if nothing else, of more time with My Architect. And, you know, liquor stores. Dare I reinstate Wine Club Wednesdays? Is it too much, with Burger Nite? How much excess can one tolerate mid-week?

Before I finish (anyone make it to this point?) I'd like to thank a bitch for thanking me for the link. It was richly deserved (the link, that is). Damn fine operation she's running over there. Frankly, I refuse to trust anyone who isn't angry. Go visit a bitch already.