"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

7.16.2006

Again With The Picking On Preservation

Well, just as I was falling in love with the city, the Internal Revenue Service's Criminal Investigation division, the U.S. Department of Treasury, and the Drug Enforcement Agency went and raided the hell out of Preservation Pub, Oodles, and Earth to Old City this morning. Would I be surprised if some tiny fraction of the rejuvenation of market square and subsequent neighborhood renewal had benefitted from a little "conspiracy to distribute marijuana" and whatever the hell else the Wests and accomplice have been accused of?
Not really.
Would I be offended?
Of course not.
I'm a big fan of "by all means necessary" when it comes to urban renewal. Now if only we could get the Mafia in on opening that downtown liquor store.
That said, I have no idea if any of the accusations hold any merit, or what is specifically involved. I just know it ain't right.

What I'd like to know is when the design cops are going to raid "the grotto" (sincere apologies to H'caust, O and anyone else who might not find it as hideous as I do).
(Shakes fist at the heavens) When will real justice be served?


At least I have this to keep my spirits aroused. Very, very aroused, owing to Sr. Bernal. Yummmy.

You should definitely spend some quality time with Knoxville520. You know, if you're into that sort of thing.