"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

7.18.2006

Flotsam

Sunday at the movies. I haven't read A Scanner Darkly, which may have been my first mistake. My interest with Keanu Reeves peaked (not to be confused with piqued) with the line "I know kung-fu." As much as I loved seeing Robert Downey Jr. go after Woody Harrelson with a hammer, I get the feeling they weren't doing much acting. Winona Ryder is merely a no-talent ass clown (I will never be able to thank Office Space enough for that phrase).
As much as it pains me to say it, Rotoscope can't even save this one. The scramble suits were fun, I guess. Maybe I was just f-ing tired from staying out late all night and working all day, but I actually fell asleep at one point. Thom Yorke had his sticky little fingers all over the soundtrack though, so it wasn't a complete wash. In fact, almost worth it just for that.

Wendel offered to play the wedding gratis. I'm thinking of starting a band composed of all my talented friends. So far I've got Wendel in charge and Hanrahan on Ukelele. Auditions will be held. TBA.

I read the News-Sentinel while slapping together sandwiches at work this morning. All I can say is Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Anyone want to go to Oodles while we still can? In lieu of burger night? Perhaps?

Readin': Never Mind the Pollacks w/Neal Pollack