"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

7.26.2006

"I'm Too Much With Myself....

..I wanna be someone else."

11 am. Blew off work spectacularly today. First No Call/No Show. Ever. Sitting on the couch in my kimono, eating crushed pineapple from the can. Still wearing makeup from last night, though definitely not in its original configuration. The television is on, but mostly I'm staring off into space.
Goddamn I love The Lemonheads. I've been playing It's A Shame About Ray in my car for about a week, no end in sight. Evan Dando's vocals fall at the low end of my range, Juliana Hatfield's the high. I can't not sing along.

We have to laugh
To look at each other
We have to laugh
'Cause we're not alone
As the cars fly up King Street
It's enough to startle us
It's enough to startle us
I love
My drug buddy


I've been given an overload of food for thought. Back to that.
Also, Magnum, P.I. is on.