"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

6.20.2004

Perpetual Homocidal Pentagram by the Mighty Hammer of Thor

This is shaping up to be a great week. Sam Bush at Sundown Thursday, and Fahrenheit 9/11 opens Friday at Downtown West. Who's with me?

I've been coming across a slew of mentions of the "new" operating system Microsoft is currently working on pushing out in 2005. From what I can tell, they're attempting to make it every bit as pretty as OSX (icons that grow bigger and move around when you point to them??? Viva la Revolution Microsoft!), but without all that pesky functionality. Not being the utmost of knowlegeable computer-type persons, I'll refrain from bitching about the features and stick to something I can cope with: They've codenamed it Longhorn. LONGHORN??? Who is responsible for this? Is this some new attempt at truth in advertising (as in what you'll be getting up your ass when you buy this thing) or can we expect a whole slew of cheesy western references in the programs as well? Outlaw Outlook? Ombre Office? Word for Wranglers? Cowpoke Character Map? I could go on, but I'll spare you. Could Microsoft, maybe, for once, just make an OS that, oh I don't know, works well?

For those of you who bailed on last night's clubbing good times (you know who you are) you have yet to prove you are not, indeed, a punk bitch. I danced like I was wearing sneakers, except they were heels. I think I broke my feet. My recovery and KY's hatred of EDM gave us plenty of opportunity to sit outside and watch the Paris Hilton clones strut and pose. Joining a meat-market bar and dance club with a common courtyard may just be the kind of genius Knoxville needs these days. Now, if only we could get DJ Slink out of the 90's....

Wondering: How can you intensely dislike someone you've never met? And what have you heard?