"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

7.08.2004

Robot Rump

Happy Birthday to Ben,
Happy Birthday to Ben,
Happy Birthday to the lucky bastard who is in Argentina,
Happy Birthday to Ben.

In that vein, also Happy belated birthday to Charlotte Maxwell-Jones, wherever you may be hiding.

You know how hard it is to post while watching Futurama? Every line is a new title.

Everyday I praise my decision to flee the major metro-Smithville area for the summer, but I think I may be overdosing on popular culture to compensate for the past two years of isolation. Over the past few weeks, I've been subjecting myself to some amazingly bad television, including (but certainly not limited to)several shows about how young, beautiful, and rich Mary-Kate and Ashley are, and more VH1 countdowns than should be allowed by law. This said, I heartily welcome the re-introduction of MST3K into my life, and I hope to continue the affair for as long as possible. Merlin's Shop of Mystically Dismal Filmmaking is highly preferable to another run of the "Top 100 Scandalous Moments of the Post-Modern Era" or the latest episode of "Pimp My Formal Dining Room." So, thanks for that, kids.

My father just pulled the ultimate prank in putting on "I got friends in low places" playing loudly in the other room and then leaving the house. I must go.