"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

7.04.2004

The Lecherous Quartet

Finally saw City of God last night. Part of me wants to watch it again and again and again. The other part probably wouldn't make it all the way through without freaking out. It was stunning (in both good and bad senses) to say the least. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest an ernest effort to do so.
I'm not officially celebrating Independence Day this year. Just doesn't feel right. No fireworks or hot dogs for me. I may get drunk, so as to mark the occasion entirely ordinary.
The housesitting gig is up tomorrow afternoon, at which point I will probably return to the 'ridge to roost. For a little while, anyway. Are we still on for Poltergeist Monday? I'll need details. I may still have City of God then, if anyone is interested.

"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to."
-Dorothy Parker

Listening to: My phone ringing in the other room