"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

5.31.2005

Fueled Solely by an Americano and a Rice Crispy Treat

My trip to Charlotte, if nothing else, has reunited me with Caribou Coffee.

This week's Comedy Goldmine lives up to its name entirely. I'm sure you were wondering.

I still haven't made any solid plans to return to Tennessee, though Thursday looks promising. I might go hop on some roller coasters tomorrow, and as much as I love cheap burgers and fort-dwellers, that seems fun too.

I guess I hadn't seen Johnny Depp investigate enough grisly murders in period clothing, or had enough of Ian McDiarmid for that matter, because I watched From Hell and Sleepy Hollow back-to-back last night. I'd seen neither previously, and enjoyed both quite a bit. I may try to see Unleashed tonight. I love to hate Bob Hoskins.

Why are you still reading this? When I get a life, you'll be the first to know. Well, hopefully I'd be the first to know, but you're up there.


Listening to: Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suite V in C minor played on the double bass by Edgar Meyer (which I strongly recommend).

Reading: Glue by Irvine Welsh, and The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists by Gideon Defoe