Calendars and Pens Out
I've been spreading the rumor, but in case you haven't heard, we're going to kick it old school on December 27th. My father and step-mother are celebrating the 10th anniversary of their marriage in D.C., so we're going to play like we're in high school and party like the parents are out of town. Because they will be. But we can't get busted, because we already told them about it, and they thought it was a great idea. Which takes a little of the fun out of it, if you ask me.
Extra cool points will be awarded for the following:
- St. Ides Special Brew or your favorite 40oz.
- Zima (super bonus points for kool-aid powder in your Zima)
- Boone's Farm
- Schnapps of any kind, preferably pinched from your mom
- Getting someone older to buy you shitty booze
- Random hook-up with a friend
- Random hook-up with friend of a friend
- Random hook-up with the guy no one at the party has ever seen before
- Random hook-up with several friends
- it's not actually ten years ago.
- getting drunk isn't as shiny and new as it once was.
- there's no way in hell any of us would be caught dead with any of the aforementioned "alcoholic" beverages.
- we'll probably all drink quite responsibly, won't end up puking or making out with a screen door, and will get to bed early because we have things to do tomorrow.
- everyone has already hooked-up with everyone else. (Well, except for the guy no one has ever seen before)
So, ink it in, BYOSchapps, and get ready to party like it's 1996 all over again. Or bring a fine single-malt whiskey and share with your hostess.