"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

1.19.2006

This? Is Sad.



create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands

So that's where I've been, in this great wide world. The U.S. and Costa Rica. Woo.
Of course, I'll never get anywhere if I keep moving backward, which is what I feel I've been doing all week. Pellissippi is....different from the other schools. Not sure what I expected.
So not much to report as of late. I saw Jesus is Magic last night with Matt, Mike, and Scott. I did a lot of silent laughing, more just the breathing and moving my shoulders up and down, because it was hard to laugh out loud at some of those jokes. Still, if you like the raunchy and racist stylings of the adorable Sarah Silverman, this one's for you.
I'm still struggling through House of Leaves and wondering exactly why I chose a book where the footnotes' footnotes have footnotes, sometimes in foreign languages and mostly fabricated, sometimes missing letters, whole sentences, or paragraphs. In fact, it leads me to wonder what exactly makes one choose to write such a monstrosity. There are times when I truly believe I am just too stupid to see the larger picture here. I'm not so much scared by the story as I am seriously concerned for Mark Z. Danielewski's mental health. I'm beginning to think Ulysses might provide a nice little break. At least all the words face the same way.
Happy Birthday Adam, Ross, Xian, and Holly this week. I'm ready to boogie on Saturday night.