"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

7.11.2004

Faster than you can say Quidditch

I have a weird obsession with houses, interior spaces get me hot. When driving, or walking, around at night, I'm thrilled to see an illuminated window that affords me a peek inside. I could care less about the people there, I just want to see what they've done with the place. For this reason, house hunting has always been a favorite past time of mine. I like to troll the realty websites and look for the ones with virtual tours. My own recent house search left much to be desired, as I live in a rural, economically-depressed area, there was only one to choose from, sort of a take it or leave it situation, if you will. Any excuse to spend a day looking at places will do, so yesterday I accompanied Adrock on his quest for a room of one's own. We saw the finest in dingy basement apartments and deplorable student accomodations. Dreadful. I'm lighting a candle and doing a little dance for Adam, Bryn, and anyone else who needs high ceiling, hardwood floor, chac, w/d hookup blessings. I hope everyone else will do the same.
I've been invited to a drive-in double feature of Harry Potter and Spiderman today. Never having read (or seen) anything to do with the enterprise of Harry Potter (I know, I know, shutup) I'm embarking on a marathon, trying to squeeze the first two in before 7:15. Wish me luck.

Watching: See above