"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

8.17.2004

This Channel is Parentally Controlled

I'm not the only one! We are many (and this one has great comments). And this one is good. And what the fuck happened to this? Heads should be rolling right now. Asshat is a GREAT word for Bob Costas.
I'm not entirely sure why I've taken this particular issue to heart. I think it's because I'm so pissed about the Bjork (found it!*) thing. I did write a letter to NBC today, giving them a large chunk of my grey matter, something I've never done. I get the feeling I won't be forgiving NBC or Costas and Couric anytime soon. And I loved Bob so in the epic adventure Pootie Tang.
In other news, Collateral was pretty badass, and Jesse's badass for taking me to see it. And also for enduring my parking lot rhetoric afterwards. Sometimes you just get on a talking bent, you know?
Speaking of bents: in case you're like me, and just can't get enough hating on Bob and Katie in one day, here's some more for you:
Daily Nexus
Bob and Katie Must Die
Okay, that's more than enough, but it's just nice to know we weren't the only ones yelling at the screen. Bob and Katie really did bring us all a little closer together, knowing that at least half the country was screaming "Shut the fuck up!" right along with us.

*-If you want to see the actual video for the song (not the live performance) you should go here. Click the Medulla Player icon on the top right.