"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

9.21.2004

Chromaphobic

I saw the most bizarre thing this morning. I was still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and I had just made it to the end of the street when my jaw dropped and I cursed myself for not having a camera. Since I did not, even my best attempt at describing the vehicle that passed by will fail miserably. It had monster truck tires, but where one might expect to see a monster truck attached to said tires, there were metal scaffolds (for lack of a better word) which, about 10 feet up, terminated in a tiny cab that somewhat resembled a Delorian? And there were these giant arm-like apertures...I'm at a loss. It reminded me of the cover of my copy of The Cyberiad (even more so the first illustration contained therein, but Amazon won't let me link directly to it). I have no clue what it was doing in my tiny little hamlet, unfortunately, I only got a glimpse because it turned the opposite way on HWY 70. But it made my day, nonetheless.
So I've been smiling to myself all day, and finding much to be amused at. Like, for example, yesterday I was using an oxy-propane torch to melt lead for casting into a stone wheel, and today I had wait 20 minutes to get checked out on my bunsen burner set-up before the Lab TA would light it for me.
I also love that my cat pets me, except I've gotta figure out how to get her to stop using her claws when doing so. It's mad cute though.
I love the marver.
I love the bizarro friendship Anna Rockanova Dynomite and my roommate, Rush, have going on. She's 22, he's 32, she's straight, he's gay, she's rambunctious, he's placid, and they call each other by such terms of endearment as "dickweed" "cocksucker" and "skank ho." Yet every night, when I come home she's over here hanging out with him. It's the sweetest relationship I've ever come across.
Above all, after a beautiful weekend spent indoors cleaning, organizing, and arranging, my house is now configured and almost ready to party. I can surf the internet from the bathroom, control the stereo from the couch, and print from my bed, all with my sexy-ass ibook and zero wires.
Life is sweet.
And I'm thinking the party is a week from Saturday.