"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

9.04.2004

Not All Tacos Have Cheese in Them

Did anyone get the number of that truck?
One down, thirteen to go. The rundown:
Rush is the best roommate ever...apologies to former roommates...we lost a lot of the old guard, but we have plenty of new faces, and I'm feeling uncharacteristically positive....I discovered there's another Oak Ridge alumnus among us this semester...there has been a sudden and mysterious surge in iBook lust among my colleagues...EVERYONE (and their brother) moved off campus this year...my faith in marriage (and relationships in general) took (yet another) serious blow with the engagement of the most unlikely couple and the pre-first-year-anniversary dissolution of the one marriage I thought couldn't fail...and Anna Rockanova Dynomite and I invented a new religion over coffee today.
All hail The Villain!

I leave for two weeks and they put up a Starbucks. Typical.

By the way, you should know I've had a change of heart. Sure, I've been harboring an unspeakable rage for the last four years, but those adorable (not to mention witty as shit) Bush twins really put a fresh face on a party I thought had lost it's appeal to my twenty-something demographic-ness. And I thought the Republicans showed great tolerance in letting someone so diametrically opposed to their agenda as Zell Miller take the stand to preach his democratic values to the crowds. Now that's fair and balanced. I'm ashamed to say I missed the acceptance speech of our great leader, but I just closed my eyes and envisioned a colourized version of a Hitler rally, and I felt like I was there. So I'm here to anounce I am placing my vote in the capable hands of God W. Bush.
Why should the ignorant, gullible, and filthy rich have all the fun?