"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

8.21.2004

Burnin' Rubber Tires

So. This is it, I guess. Last post from the 'ridge.
It was entirely too fitting that Garden State was my last movie in town. I can draw so many parallels that I won't even try to go into it in public forum.
Do you ever have a dream that just makes you so happy that you refuse to let it go when you wake up? Like you can fly, or you meet someone amazing, or you have a money vault you can swim in, like Scrooge McDuck. You wake up, and you're so attached to your dream that you shut your eyes and try as hard as you can to get back to that place, you refuse to believe that it could possibly be over, because it was so perfect. The rest of the day pales in comparison, and it breaks your heart to know that, like all the dreams that came before, it will just be a distant memory by that afternoon, and that night, it will be replaced with an entirely new dream, one that couldn't possibly fill the void it left.
Well, that pretty much sums up Summer 2004.
And I'll be shutting my eyes as tight as I can, trying to bring it back, for as long as possible.
The best of luck to you, take care of yourselves, and try not to do anything I would do.