"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

8.25.2004

Why does it have to be so hard?

So I've failed miserably at posting for the last few days. I've been in Athens (Georgia not Greece, unfortunately). "In Athens" is fairly synonamous with "drunk" interchangeable, really. The first night we were there, we took advantage of 6 free wings with every drink at Molly O'Shea's. I think I ate about 48 wings, you can do the math on how many Maker's and Cokes that is.
Further complicating my posting abilities has been those annoying tears that inevitably blur up the screen whenever I read someone else's page. And Jen's laptop, which freezes whenever you ask it to do something fairly important. Like publish a post. I also attempted several e-mails that were sent off into oblivion. I hope to catch up on those soon.
Now, however, I have my own laptop. I went with the tricked out G4 ibook, which would be rocking 512MB of RAM right now if my bank hadn't put a daily limit on my checkcard. I suppose I can wait a day. Ross picked up an ipod for himself (and me, whether he likes it or not), so now we're a full-on Mac family. I'm currently freezing my ass off in the Business Library of our hotel in downtown Atlanta, while he rubs elbows with other wood student/designers. Tomorrow we have a whole damn day of IWF madness to contend with. Gee, how I look forward to this. I'm personally looking forward to "raw materials" and "adhesives", though I'm sure the "grinding products" will be fun too.
I appreciate all the nice things everyone said about the last post. I thought it did a pretty shabby job of summing up my myriad of feelings, but nonetheless. I still need to write a host of e-mail. I consider it a great improvement that I can now fire off a post without so much as one tear. I've been a huge crybaby as of late.
We move on.
A slight change in plans puts us in Chattanooga this Saturday night, so if you happen to be in that area at that time, please give me a call. We'll be crashing at Rhys's place, and seeing Anderson's "concept" band "Beyonce" at LaMars. I'm very excited about this. I hear they put on a hell of a show.

Rest in peace, Noah and Joker. We'll miss you. Have you hugged your pet today?

Listening to: Some jackass on his phone who doesn't seem to realize there are five other people in this room who don't want to hear him wank about his DSL line at home.