"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

9.14.2004

Don't You Know There Ain't No Devil, That's Just God When He's Drunk

First chemlab today. My professor is a nutjob, but she's my kind of nutjob. Makes me wish I had her for lecture. Within five minutes she admitted to being "cynical, sarcastic, and neurotic." Then she suggested playing with mercury was, "quite fun. Lethal, but quite fun." She yells at the idiots in my class a lot, and that makes me happy, because they deserve it. My partner is a real winner on the other hand. Can't have everything, I guess. I don't think he's talked to many girls in his life, but I'll draw him out of his shell. Sample conversation:
Me: Hi! I'm Cara.
Him: Justin.
Me: Nice to meet you, Justin. Where ya from?
Him: Here.
ME: Here? Like Earth? The U.S.? Tennessee?
Him: Cookeville.
Me: Oh...well...so....how 'bout that meniscus....

I'm going to see Ben Folds tomorrow night in Nashville. And you're not. Unless you are, and then I'll see you there.