"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

9.08.2004

Gung-Ho Geek-Out

I think I had somewhat of an epiphany in the hot shop today. Can one have a physical epiphany? I hesitate to use the term zone, but something in that neighborhood would suffice. The rhythm I thought I'd lost forever rushed back ten-fold somewhere after my first gather, and by the time I hit the bench, I was on it. Felt like sex after a long drought, though that may be a little extreme.
I was so caught up in the moment, I burned the palm of my hand. It felt awesome.
Now, don't you worry your pretty little head, I wouldn't be typing if it were serious. I'm just breaking in the ol' hands again, they got all mushy and soft over the summer. Not unlike the rest of me. I was so jazzed, I actually coldworked an entire piece. For the hell of it. Who am I, and what have I done with myself?
Can I ride this wave until final crit? Things have been entirely too ducky thus far. I feel the shadow of the other shoe hanging over my left shoulder. When it drops, will I even know what hit me?

Scatter my ashes over the fjords.

I also got my color order today....let the games begin.