"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

10.16.2004

America....Fuck Yeah!

Yesterday was one for the books.
Sure, I bombed a few tests, but to cheer myself up I got quite possibly the best haircut ever. Anna Rockanova said I look like a movie star, which I will completely accept with zero modesty. The drive eastward was less painful than usual, with the re-introduction of cruise control into my life, and it was a lovely fall day for a drive along I-40.
Jon Stewart fully reaffirmed my desperate need to have him father my children by utterly SCHOOLING the Crossfire gang. Transcript here, entirely worth the few minutes it will take you to skim. I love that man in a way I will never be able to apply to another human being, but the funny was far from done with me for the day.
Dropped in on AnnaRandy to see their beautiful, hand-made snake environs, which is so nice, I want to move in. Cleo is one lucky reptile.
The main event, however, began when we got to Adam's for dinner. First of all, Adam cooked, and if that weren't enough, it was entirely edible. I'll even go so far as to say delicious. Dinner conversation is never dull with Adam, Holly, Anna, and Randy in the mix. We got a nice buzz on and headed for the movies, to meet up with Anna Rockanova, Jack, and Ben B. to see a little film called Team America: World Police.
Let me start by saying I went into this film expecting not much more than mild amusement. I expected a few moments of genius, a whole lot of poop jokes, and not much else. I so underestimated what we were in for, and that was readily apparent in the first five minutes, when I could no longer laugh and resorted to hand-flailing, violent shaking, and actual knee-slapping. At one point I almost spewed tequila-infused Sprite all over the people in front of me. I'll leave the real reviewing to people who know what they're doing, but this was not your little brother's South Park. First of all, I was blown away by the attention to detail. The sets were incredible. They lost points for the obligatory vomit scene, but they more than made up for it with the Star Wars jokes, the ferocious cats, LEASE, The Montage Song, Freedom isn't Free, Kim Jong-Il's Ronery, and just about every other minute of the whole movie. Good fucking times, I suggest getting off your high horse, grabbing some friends, and seeing it immediately.
The good times rolled right on to the Sunspot, where Anchor Steam and Arrogant Bastard finished the job Negra Modelo and Tequila had started. Adam, Holly, and I put the day to bed with a few episodes of Sports Night, and all was, indeed, right with the world.
I live in hope of what today brings, and feel as though I should get on that.