"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

10.06.2004

Took Some Hoes to Get Some Burritos

Today I joined the minivan-driving legion of fools. Big, purple Plymouth Grand Voyager, with a futon in the back. It kinda handles worse than my current piece-of-shit car, but it has cupholders and doesn't burn a quart of oil a day. Plus, you know, room for half the soccer team and their damn orange slices.
We have visiting artists for the next three days, so I'm chained to the studio. We're really excited about these guys, though, it will be worth every minute. It was announced today in department meeting I would be left in charge of the studio for a weekend soon (news to me). My professor is lecturing in Italy, and Ethan has a piece in the Pilchuck auction, so somehow I'm Speaker of the House. I feel very weird about this.
And that is a terrible picture of Ethan's wonderful piece. I feel I should mention Sean and Paulie while I'm at it, also not great pictures.
I'm going nowhere with this post, so I'm putting it out of it's misery here.