"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

9.24.2004

And Pow, I Got Illuminated

Welcome back to the emotional rollercoaster. You keep going back through the line, so I assume you're getting something out of it.
I still couldn't shake the funk today, math test was not the way I wanted to wake up, thanks to Rhys for distracting (carrying) me through chemistry. Work was...work. I spent a good portion of the day walking the line between catatonia and breakdown.
Afterward, however, that tiny voice that knows what's up said 'take the long(er) way home' and I veered onto highway 83 without so much as anticipating it. Suddenly I found myself coasting the undulating black line that separates the expansive yellowing fields from the still-green cow pastures, with a great song blaring, the window down, and my hair all over my face. It occurred to me in that moment shit happens, but there will always be this. People come and go, that pain is inevitable, but Friday afternoon is forever, and there will always be the long way home.

I know, I'm a crackhead.

Also, it's Ryan's birthday, so wish him a great one if you're so inclined.