"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

10.20.2005

Good Thing I Don't Like Pea Soup

So I've now had a monster headache for 504 hours. 21 fun-filled days. I have seen three separate doctors on four occasions, have taken every over the counter medication for pain available, prescription anti-biotics, decongestants, two different migraine medications, all to no avail. As a last resort, I had the most recent doctor prescribe Ambien so I could get some damn sleep, if nothing else. Tonight I took it at a respectable 10:30 so I could make it to class on time tomorrow for my mid-term critique. This crap is supposed to knock me out in 15-30 minutes. I was lying in the dark just now, an hour and a half after taking it, and looked at the ceiling. I thought I saw a tiny, green light, flickering a little, as if there were a lightening bug dying in my light fixture. I stared at it a little more, and it got a little stronger, then I noticed a tiny red light about 8 inches away from the green one, and another tiny red light about 8 inches from that. An equilateral triangle of led's on my ceiling? I flipped on La Tour Eiffel...no lights on the ceiling.
Now, since I know full well I have a sleeping pill in my system, and I am most definitely not asleep, I suppose I could say I actually am taking crazy pills, but I am wholly disconcerted by lights that aren't really there. Everything else seems totally normal, so I'm either hallucinating, or under surveillance by my light fixture. And since I know what a hallucination looks like, I'm going with the latter.
I am not enjoying this one bit. And entirely afraid to turn out the light.