"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

10.09.2005

Spoooky


So, this here's the house. Or rather what's left of it. It would be more accurate to say here's the foundation of the house. And there's Chris, being invaded by a creepy orb. Ghost hunters get all excited about orbs in photographs. I got two really big ones. They're probably raindrops, but I like that this one looks like it's taking over Chris's head. I'll give the place one thing, it is creepy, even without the actual house there. Something ain't right there.
We spent some time in the (awesome) Nashville library, looking for any record of the existence of this place or the people who lived there, but the property was bought by a Montessori school in 1995 and all history of the house before that time has vanished. Found some newspaper articles on the murder, and then I almost puked lamb's liver all over a Ramadan fast-breaking. All in all, a very odd day.