"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

1.27.2006

The Lord Told Me To Join The Army. So I Did.

Well, we're a bunch of posting muthas these days.
Chiropractic care is my new job, except I pay them. Discovered I have not one, but about 9 different reasons to have a headache. My assignment this weekend is to "change the space between my ears." and get my hope back.
I was not given any specific instructions as to changing "the space between my ears." I hope it involves booze.
We're watching Amadeus tonight because it's been a couple of months, and also it's his birthday. NPR hasn't missed a chance to tell us that this week.
I still haven't seen Brokeback Mountain, for which I feel ashamed, but here's the rub: it looks like a chick flick. A chick flick with hott guys who kiss each other, but a chick flick nonetheless. If the story was about a man and a woman it wouldn't even be on my radar, so do I go see it just for the cause? Or because Oprah told me to?
Because she did, earlier today. She looked right at me and said, "Go. See. It."
Fuck it, I loves me some Jake Gyllenhaal. Sprechen ze, sexy?
While we're on the topic of movies (when are we not?) I just saw a preview for The Pink Panther, and, as much as I love Steve Martin, Kevin Kline, and Befuckingyonce, would it have killed them to say Jean Reno's name, seeing as how he is featured in 75% of the ad?
If I were the French, I'd hate us too.