"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

3.04.2006

Us? We're Light.

Nochnoi Dozor is good. They worked some trailer magic, but the film in enjoyable. Next on the menu is Dave Chappelle's Block Party, because it would be unamerican not to.

I'm not going to bother re-writing what others have written more brilliantly, but I'm getting back into hyper-pissed off mode right in time for mid-term elections, which I sadly don't know much about yet, but intend to correct asap.

My mother is becoming my new hero for the moment, because she is planning workshop in Nashville in April that will bring together a representatives of Focus on the Family, the ACLU, a host of clergy from all religions and assorted politicians to discuss the complicity of the Christian clergy in the Holocaust. It coincides with a new documentary on the subject, and she's working with the filmmaker on future, larger projects. Yay Mom!

I will now roast pork.