"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

4.09.2007

Yo Shutthefuckup, Chico man...

Went to look at our house last week. It's small, but the kitchen is great. I was informed today, however, that we make the neighbors uneasy, which is odd considering three of us were there for about 20 minutes, and really didn't speak to anyone but the guy who yelled at us from across the street that no one lived there. Hmmmmmmm.

I don't have much to report, nor have I formed any new or astounding opinions on current events or life at large. I haven't been to a movie theatre since Xmas (I think). I've been Netflixing hip-hop/graf/breakdance films from the early 80's, and they're fascinating. A repeat viewing of Downtown 81 began the frenzy, and now I just can't get enough of films that are heavily sampled in my favorite modern hip-hop music. In a funny bit of synergy, I discovered (only 13 years late) Nas' Illmatic mere days after watching Wild Style, in an unrelated incident, no less. Furthering the madness, I checked out the Feeze's page and found this, which also references Wild Style. And is sick. If nothing else, I found the opening sample from Professor Booty in its blessed original context. Moving on, Beat Street...more crazy-ass breakdance fights, plot, semi-automatic weapons, tragic electrocutions, and bizarre romance scenes than Wild Style, but very similar overall. Now I think I'll embark on a Japanese ultra-violence kick, complete with second attempt at Ichi the Killer, one of the few films I have ever turned off in disgust/vomitous state.
If you have any ideas for Netflix fests, please feel free to discuss in das comments.
If you're in the southeast region of the country, or would like to be, the millionth annual Fiddler's Jam-bo-reeeeeee is in July and we's throwin' a gourmet-style hoedown to celebrate.

Matt and I are going to New York in May, tell us what to do.