"But ah'm not afraid of dyin'. Cause I know that when I get to heaven there are gonna be these wonderful trees, and ah'm gonna climb them. But you know what? Instead of leaves and flowers, those trees are gonna have fried eggs, and delicious Virginia ham, and big heaping bowls of biscuits and sausage gravy. And one day, Sammy, you're gonna meet me there, and we're gonna climb those breakfast trees together, and it's gonna be delicious and we're gonna be happy until the end of time."

3.01.2007

Everybody's Got A Space To Fill

I'm here to say I have very little to report. I haven't left this hill for any reasonable length of time in weeks and weeks. I intend to hit Atlanta this weekend to rectify that dreadful situation.
Spring Break WOOOOOOOO!!!
Except people with a thesis looming don't really get a spring break. It's coming along. Slowly. There are days when I think I might actually pull it off, which is a nice change from the usual "what the hell am i doing??? This is utter crap!"
My whole studio smells like rancid wine, and when I close my eyes I see an endless parade of wine bottles. They're closing in on me. It's enough to drive one to drink.
It's amazing how much money one can save if one stops driving to the store, and thus eating. I've reclaimed large chunks of my day I used to waste on meals. Bah! Why spend half an hour on lunch when a cigarette only takes five minutes? If that! Genius, I tell you.
Today was that day when I knew I should have been in the studio, but a blanket behind housing, a lakeview, and a setting sun took precedent over the sound of glass on diamonds and water. Sometimes it's not even a question.

Just when I thought I knew everything: Wilco, Queens of the Stone Age, Spoon, The Secret Machines, Daedalus, Amon Tobin

Bukowski Fest 2007: Tales of Ordinary Madness, Factotum, The Most Beautiful Woman In Town

Stop Shivering, Be a Man: Julien Donkey-Boy